Monday, January 11, 2010

Indoor track sprint session

I was going to swim, but decided to do a sprint workout indoors at lunch today instead. The University of Alberta has outstanding athletic facilities including an excellent indoor track and I decided to use it. I haven't done sprints (other than swimming sprints) since the snow flew, so I was looking forward to it.

Here's the deal:
  • ~ 5 min of alternating jogging/walking on the track warm up
  • stretching
  • 6 X ~ 60 m sprints @ 50-60 % with ~20-30 s walking between each
  • 6 X 60 m sprints @ 85% in about 12-14 s with ~ 60 s rest between each
  • ~ 5 min of alternating jogging/walking on the track
  • stretching
I definitely felt it when I was done. I need to do this more regularly. This break led nicely into a productive afternoon and undoubtedly will lead to a solid sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment