Thursday, December 31, 2009

HIIT / LHT workout

After the problematic Burpee "Holy Grail" attempt the other day, I went for a more straight up workout yesterday. It went much more smoothly but man, did I work.

Here it is.

  • Burpees - 5 (warm up)
  • Bent over row - 3 X 10 (with 70 lb barbell)
  • Lunge jumps - 60 (now I'm warmed up!)
  • Deadlift - 1 X 3 (with 70 lb barbell), 2 X 8 (80 lb barbell), 1 X 8 (90 lb barbell), and 1 X 8 (100 lb barbell)
  • Triceps dips - 60 (ouch)
  • Squats - 3 X 10 (80 lb barbell)
  • Plank - side plank bends (8 each side) - plank [this is adapted from my daughter's dance instructor's exercise that she has the kids perform in class - don't laugh until you try it, then you'll cry!]
  • Bench press - 3 X 10 (80 lb barbell)
  • Biceps curls - 3 X 5 (25 lb dumbbells)
  • Plank - 60 s
This was a jam-packed workout, with not much time at all between sets and exercises, just enough to catch my breath. All of this done in 30 minutes on the nose!

I also had a couple drives-worth of snow shoveling just for good measure.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. FOLLOW UP: I definitely noticed the effects of this workout today whist out foraging with the wife. We only bought what we could carry in 3 large reusable bags and man, we loaded them down - HEAVY! Good thing we only had to walk to the car with them! Lots of goodies including chicken wings, 3 dozen eggs, baba ganouj, hummus, and a large container of coconut oil for cooking (my first foray into this product).

    Maybe its time to eat??

    ReplyDelete